Friday, October 26, 2012

Updates and Adventures!


Wow!  I'm so sorry it has been so long since I last posted! Things here have been so crazy!  Blogging is definitely much harder than I expected it to be.  I love sharing all the amazing things I'm doing while abroad, but it can be hard to sit down and take the time to update everyone.  I know that in the end it will be so worth it to have my time here documented, its kind of like a travel journal!  
So, time for the updates!  Two weeks ago I made two quick trips to Pisa and Bologna.  I went to Pisa on Saturday and had about 7 hours there.  I learned pretty fast that this was way to much time!  Literally the only two things that are in Pisa are the Leaning Tower and the Duomo.  So, I walked around, got lunch, and sat and read my book.  A tip for anyone traveling to Pisa--don't got for more than 3 hours or take another trip to Lucca which is a quick train ride away!  On Sunday, I made it all the way to Bologna only for it to be rainy and gross, so I returned to Rome shortly after.  On Monday we went to the North American College (NAC) for adoration.  The NAC is a seminary for American diocesan seminarians!  It is a pretty cool place.  It was an interesting experience getting there since there happened to be a monsoon on our way there. We were soaked, but it was still great!!  It really made me miss campus.  Later that week we had some professors from CUA in Rome and they performed an opera for us!  It was amazing to hear some beautiful music during Liturgy of the Word.  After we went out to dinner at an amazing restaurant a few blocks from school.  It was a fun evening.  
Last weekend was a whirlwind of events!  I was studying for midterms all day Saturday and at night I went with Rylee, Tim, and some of his Notre Dame friends out to dinner at a restaurant in Trastevere called Le Fate.  It was delicious and cheap!  They have a student menu for 10 euro that is homemade on site everyday, so good!  After we headed to Scholars to watch the Notre Dame game, they won which made Time pretty happy!!  On Sunday we woke up really early and were heading to St. Peter's for the CANONIZATION of seven new saints, including two from the United States!  There were so many people there and it seemed like all the Filipinos in the world were there!  It's as close as you get to the Philippines without actually going there!  It was an amazing ceremony with the Pope and being there for the canonization for Saint Kateri Tekakwitha and Saint Marianne Cope from the US!  

This past week has been insanity!!!  We had midterms and these were the hardest midterms I have ever taken in my life!!  I studied for hours slept for little, but I made it through--barely!  The one bright side to the week was our trip to the opera.  We went to see La Gioconda!  It was so incredible and the ballet was beautiful! I had such an amazing time!  Rylee's 21st birthday was on Thursday and I am so glad I was able to celebrate with her!!  I baked brownies, since she has been dying for them and went out to dinner.  My big surprise for her was filling the outside of her door with balloons so they fell on top of her when she opened the door, great success!  Now that this crazy week is over I am so ready for Fall Break!  Rylee and I are headed to Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam, and London!!  It should be amazing!!  Once I get back get ready for updates on my travels!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment