Friday, August 17, 2012

Life Before Rome


Officially in one week I will be taking my first steps in Rome!  It's hard to believe that in one short week I will be living in Rome for four and a half months!  I am so excited to experience the Rome--the culture, the food, the people, I can't even imagine what it's going to be like.  I am pretty much going into my study abroad experience blind.  I don't speak the language, I don't know much about the culture, and since I'm blonde I'll stand out in a crowd of Italians.  Despite all of that I am ready to soak up everything Rome has to offer.  Not only will I be able to experience Rome, but traveling around Italy and Europe is an incredible opportunity!  I've never been to Europe, so I can't wait to travel!  Any tips or suggestions?

This final week before Rome is proving to be one of excitement, stress, fear, and hope.  I've been doing a lot of last minute shopping and prepping.  My family has gotten together for a goodbye dinner, I bought my first corkscrew, and I've been busy watching Roman movies to get ready.  While doing all of that I have been avoiding packing.  I am a compulsive over packer and I'm trying so hard to pack smart.  I am definitely open to suggestions!  

I have basically broken my life down into life before Rome and life after Rome.  I don't know what life after Rome will be like, but currently life before Rome is ready for life after Rome.  I cannot wait to share my experiences on life in Rome!

Con tanto amore,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. You will be doing a lot of walking, so only pack shoes that are practical for that!

    ReplyDelete